The module centres around the 15 Feminist Principles of the Internet 1 that were developed by the Association for Progressive Communications (APC) and a group of international activists, researchers and scholars at a Global Meeting on Gender, Sexuality and the Internet (April 2014). The Feminist Principles are explored through a brief overview of the key themes of activism, access, economy, privacy, and agency as they relate to the internet as a public space.
Throughout this module, the following questions are posed:
- What is a feminist approach to the internet?
- What does activism, access, economy, agency and privacy on the internet
- look like as a feminist concern?
- Why is digital security a feminist concern? How can we increase our security
- by engaging with the politics behind the technology?